Levinson is one of the most dependable brand names when it comes to high-end audio systems. For years the brand has been recognized by audiophiles throughout the world as equipment that delivers clear and consistent quality in music.
What are the specs for the Cello Performance Amplifier II?
- Class of operation:
- Class AB1
- Power Output (single amp) @8 Ohms:
- Rated- 200 Watts, Clipping- @1000 Hz >350 Watts
- Power Output (single amp) @4 Ohms:
- Rated- 400 Watts, Clipping- @1000 Hz >700 Watts
- Power Output (single amp) @2 Ohms:
- Rated- 800 Watts, Clipping- @1000 Hz >1000 Watts
- Power Output (single amp) @1 Ohm:
- Rated- 1000 Watts, Clipping- @1000 Hz >1300 Watts
- Power Output (bridged set) @8 Ohms:
- Rated- 800 Watts, Clipping- @1000 Hz >1400 Watts
- Power Output (bridged set) @4 Ohms:
- Rated- 1600 Watts, Clipping- @1000 Hz >2800 Watts
- Power Output (bridged set) @2 Ohms:
- Rated- 3200 Watts, Clipping- @1000 Hz >4000 Watts
- IMD (SMPTE):
- 0.13% (60 Hz / 40V Output)
- IMD (CCIF):
- less than 0.2%
- THD (20 - 20000Hz):
- less than 0.1% (8 & 4 Ohms / 40 Volt Output)
- Frequency Response:
- +0 / -0.8 dB @ 20 - 20000 Hz
- Dynamic Headroom:
- 2.7 dB
- Signal to Noise - less than -105 dB (1000 Hz / 40 Volt Output)
- Input Sensitivity:
- 1.485 V (8 Ohms / 200 Watts / 40 Volt Output)
- Input Impedance:
- 1 mOhm (Non-Inverting), 5000 Ohms (Inverting)
- 28 dB
- 17.5"w / 8.5"h / 18.5"d (each of four chassis)
- Shipping Weight:
- 72 lbs. each Power Supply, 60 lbs. each Power Amp
What else to know about the Cello Performance Amplifier II?
"The Performance Amplifier is a four chassis set, comprised of two mono power supplies and two mono power amplifiers.
The Performance Amplifier includes many engineering features exclusive to Cello, which together provide unparalleled speed, clarity, impact, natural tone quality and reliability.
Each amplifier chassis has a balanced audio input, balanced bridging output, and four sets of barrier strip outputs. Three pin Fischer connectors are used to provide balanced line audio connections of the highest quality.
The cost of the Performance Amplifier reflects Cello's insistence on the most innovative circuitry and premium parts.
The Performance Amplifier offers a combination of sonic purity, power, build quality, freedom from obsolescence, and flexibility that makes a new level of musical integrity and system performance possible."
Brief History of Mark Levinson
Long mapped-to Binghamton New York – the current headquarters and manufacturing center for Mark Levinson Labs – not many people know the brand was originally launched outside of the Nation’s Capital in Silver Spring Maryland, in 1949. In 1956, the brand built their original facility in New York, according to the official brand website.
Other Mark Levinson Products We Often Buy
StereoBuyers has purchased tens of thousands worth Mark Levinson brand equipment since 2014, with individual buys ranging from $100 to well over $50,000. If you are moving, ready to upgrade, or have Mark Levinson equipment you do not or will not be using, why not contact us today to find out if it is worth good money?
If you are interested in selling your used Mark Levinson equipment to us in the greater NYC area or Colorado, please click here to fill out a Free Quote Form and we will get back to you. If we agree on terms, we come to meet you where you want, and pay cash.
The following images show actual Mark Levinson equipment purchased by StereoBuyers.